Sunday, November 9, 2008

School Field Trip

I got to take a field trip with the KG-1s through grade 3! We traveled about 10 minutes to "Plain Air," an estate turned event spot. Ideally I would say use it for a wedding, but they also hosted kids outings with crafts and games. The teachers just got to sit around by the pool, a perfect field trip if you ask me.

Compared with the field trip the upper grades took I lucked out. My colleagues had to chaperone a trip to an amusement park until 7pm and be responsible for a group of kids. I sat around in the sun, ate lunch and gossiped with the teachers. I had a really good time getting to know a few of them as people and not just women who I work with, good people those guys.

The pool area.

First the kids played games in a line, relay type stuff. Also some jumping up and down.

Also some hand raising.

Then we had lunch. Currently pictured is Adam, Amir's younger brother. We spent the lunch hour talking about baby eagle claws. If you are wondering where the baby eagle claws came from the answer is the the tip of a cactus plant. We also wondered where the baby eagles went, the answer to that question was "up there in the sky." Good answer really.

Then we did some crafts. While they were painting their plaster teddy bears I realized not a single kid knew the "Teddy Bear's Picnic" song, how tragic! If anyone reading this knows the words please send them to me and I will have a teddy bear picnic with my third graders.

Yeah crafts!




1 comment:

caitlin said...

i love teddy bear picnic. i may have had a teddy bear picnic BIRTHDAY PARTY when i was five. let's find those lyrics so your kids can know what's up with the best kind of picnic there is: ONE WITH TEDDIES.