Friday, September 4, 2009

Still in Egypt, just not Cairo

Many or a few of you know I have been looking for job in Cairo since I came back at the beginning of August. Well, after over a month of imposing myself upon friends, hours of internet searches, way to many cover letters, and smiling in interviews I did not want to go to I found a job!

www.castlezaman.com

If you read the url yes I will be working and living in a castle. Yes, it overlooks the Red Sea from the top of a hill. Yes, it was built using revived Roman architecture. Yes, all the materials are recylcled or found in the Siani. Yes, the food is cooked slow and completely gourmet. Yes, it is in the Sinai minutes away from the beauty of the sea and the mountains right behind me.

My official title is bar person, glamorous I know. There are only three other employees who deal with guests so I imagine I will get to put my grubby hands in all kinds of things. I am a little scared because working on a beach is a drastic lifestyle change for me. The Siani is pretty isolated, but when I stayed over for a night to check it out and woke up to the sunrise turning the sea red, when I could see the outline of miles of corals reefs on the coast and when I walked out to sun filled silence I felt a little better about my decision.

I will keep you posted on my thoughts as they form, right now I am still a little shocked I am staying and moving to the beach. In the meantime check out the website.

No comments: